Friday, February 5, 2016

Top Secret French Onion Dip

The big game is this weekend!! Are you ready to have fun and hang with your besties?

Its time to plan your football snack munching now!! Here is some help...

I'm sharing my top secret recipe for french onion dip, because its just that good. Trust me!

Top Secret French Onion Dip

2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp mayo
oil
2 onions, diced (I usually use a purple and a white onion)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp vegetable broth
1 tsp sugar
pinch salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Italian herbs

In your favorite skillet, cook oil and onions on low heat. The point is to slowly caramelize the onions, so it will take like 20 minutes. Stir so that they don't burn. Add sugar, salt, pepper, and Italian herb seasoning. Continue to cook the onions for a few more minutes, then deglaze the pan with the soy sauce. Cook a few more minutes until the onions have started to absorb all the soy sauce. Deglaze the pan again with the vegetable broth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Mix Greek yogurt and mayo. Add the warm onion mixture. Refrigerate the dip for a few hours so the flavors can marry, if you can. I usually dive in with some cucumber slices and chips right away.
YUM!!


Here's how I packed it up for lunch- one of my favorites to take to work! Yay!

xoxo Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment