Monday, September 7, 2015

The Quiche Life

Happy Laboring Day!

Today I wanted butter and eggs and veggies and cheese. (when don't I, honestly)

So, I made a delish quiche to celebrate my day off. Hooray!

The Quiche Life
(a non-labor intensive fancy dish for a non-laboring day)

1 pre-packed 9" refrigerated pie crust
6 eggs
1/2- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
about 1 1/2 cups cooked veggies! (I used red/ green peppers, onions, and broccoli)
about 3/4 cup grated cheese! (I used extra sharp cheddar)
other fillings you like! (maybe ham, sausage, cooked breakfast potatoes)

Preheat oven to 400. Spray pie plate or cake pan. Unroll the crust and fit into the pan. Make the edges pretty if you wish.
Blind bake the crust for 10 minutes with pie weights. (I do not own pie weights, I sandwiched two cake pans with the crust in-between. You can also use pennies or rice+ parchment paper)
Remove the weights and bake for 5 more minutes.
While the crust bakes, sauté veggies or pull some leftover cooked ones from your fridge. Don't use watery ones.
Wisk the eggs, greek yogurt, pepper, and seasoned salt until smooth.
Arrange your veggies inside the cooked crust. Top with the cheese. Pour in the egg mixture. Jiggle to distribute egg mixture. Make foil shields for the exposed crust.
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes! MUNCH AWAY!




I can't wait to eat this for lunch or breakfast all week! YAY. Have a beautiful day friends!

xoxo Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment