Thursday, September 17, 2015

I Got Curried Away with Cauliflower and Chickpeas!

Do you ever get a crazy craving for some type of food? Maybe a favorite baked good or your grandma's soup?

I get random cravings for different ethnic flavors- other than Greek, Italian, and Mexican because those are my go-tos.

(I'm always craving good, gooey chocolate chip cookies, but that's another story all to itself.)

I really love Indian food, but since my Indian food takeout eating partner has been away all summer, I  completely forgot about my long lost love for curry until last night!

I knew that I wouldn't have time to baby-sit a pot of anything on the stove, so I made it into a warm, delish salad.

I Got Curried Away with Cauliflower and Chickpeas!

Most of 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 onion cut into wedges
1 can chick peas, rinsed and patted dry
1 tsp curry powder
1 pinch garlic salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups fresh green beans, snapped in half, stems removed
Topping: Spicy cashews

For the dressing:
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp mayo
1-2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sriracha
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 pinch garlic salt 
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric

Preheat the oven to 400. Toss the cauliflower, onion, and chickpeas with olive oil, curry powder, garlic salt, cumin, and turmeric. Roast on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
Place the green beans in a microwave safe bowl with a splash of water, cover with plastic wrap. Poke a small hole in the wrap. Steam for 3 minutes in the microwave.
In a large bowl, mix together greek yogurt, mayo, rice wine vinegar, sriracha, curry powder, garlic salt, cumin, and turmeric to make the dressing.
Add the cauliflower/ chickpeas and the steamed green beans into the dressing and toss lightly.
Top with spicy cashews! Eat warm or cold!


This warmed my Indian food loving heart, for less money than takeout. Look how well it pairs with my homework! Enjoy my friends!

xoxo Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment