Friday, August 28, 2015

Spiced Zucchini Bread

I know, I know... another zucchini recipe. But like I said, when it rains, it pours zucchini. So this will be the last one (for a little while).

If you've checked out the picture of me on this site, you will understand why I have a collection of zucchini recipes. I named that baby sized zuke, 'Monster' because he truly was a monstrous guy!

I got 14-16 cups of shredded zucchini out of him- such a giving monster!

Spiced Zucchini Bread

3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup soy milk/ zucchini juice
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini, slightly squished out

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
In the dry ingredient bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
In the wet ingredient bowl, mix soy milk/ zucchini juice, vegetable oil, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, and zucchini.
Add dry guys to wet guys. Add mix-ins like sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, or walnuts if you'd like. Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Let it cool and then munch, munch, munch!



A bunch of people in my office are vegetarian and vegan. I usually bake without using animal products so I can share with everyone. The sharing is my favorite part of baking, second to the lovely smells that fill my apartment, and third to the delightful, stress relieving properties of actually completing a task.

To get the original version, check out The Forest Feast.

xoxo Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment