Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Be a Foxy Food Forager

No, that doesn't mean that you should steal french fries from your beau's plate while looking foxy. (Though that may be fun- I know, I've done it.)

You have to be A Pantry Raider Extraordinaire.

How do you become these fabulous things? Premeditated pantry planning, my friends!

Here's a list of all the go-tos that keep me a top-notch Foxy Food Forager:

  • Dance the cancan with your beans (pick your favorites), refried beans (vegetarian), tomatoes & chilis, crushed tomatoes, and any canned veggie that you like
  • Hop out from under your bell jar with tomato sauce (your favorite), pickles, roasted red peppers, pesto, jam, apple sauce, mustard, salsa, hot sauce, honey, maple syrup, sesame oil, olive & veggie oil, vinegar, broth (your favorite), and what ever else you like
  • Because you like your humor good and dry, always keep flour, sugar, brown sugar, corn meal, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda & powder, big tubs of oats, rice, quinoa, couscous, and pasta
  • Prepackaged nonsense is all about tortilla chips, cereals, graham crackers, and savory crackers
  • Let's get nutty with your favorite nuts and seeds! I keep cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and chia. Usually some peanut and almond butter too.
  • You're all pruny! I love raisins, dried cranberries, and dates. 
  • Spice up your life! My favorites are cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, red pepper flakes, seasoned salt, black pepper, curry powder, garlic, and Italian herb blend. Vanilla!
  • Pan spray!
  • Marshmallows need no explanation. 
  • Semi sweet chocolate chips. My first real boyfriend.
  • Don't forget your pantry zombies- garlic cloves and onions!
  • Check out the freshies! Pick up your favorite fresh fruits and veggies from the farmer's market or grocery. This week I picked up...


Obviously, you don't need to run out and buy all of these items. Its just what I always have on hand because they are my favorites! Figure out your favorites and run out and buy those things. Its easier to go with the flow and cook what you have on hand once you have it. 

Next up, recipes.

xoxo Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment