Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I Think You're Grape Pizza

A year ago I started this blog with a post about my grandma's tomato sauce. I have no plans to share that recipe with you, so don't get too excited.

But there is one food, that I love, that I should have tried making from scratch forever ago.... PIZZA.

I've made yeast doughs before, but I'll be honest- I am impatient! If you know anything about me or my blog, you know that is the exact reason why I am The What's On Hand Woman!

So I had a little extra time and decided to tackle pizza dough. I'm a fan of thin, crisp crust, so if you like that too, you've got to try it out. I understand that waiting an hour for dough to rise is often asking too much- so you should definitely buy dough that someone else waited on!

If you don't make your own crust, you cut out half of the steps, but I urge you to try my crusty creation sometime. REGARDLESS, YOU MUST TRY GRAPES ON PIZZA!

I Think You're Grape Pizza

For the Crisp Crust:
1 packet of yeast
2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water (around 105 degrees)
1 cup oats blended into a course flour
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
corn meal sprinkling

Mix the sugar and yeast with the warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes to froth up.
Meanwhile, mix the blended oats, salt, and flour in a large bowl.
Once the yeast is ready, add it to the flours along with the olive oil. Mix until just combined.
Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5ish minutes.
Lightly oil a clean bowl and the dough ball. Set aside in a warm place under a kitchen towel so it can rise.
After an hour, punch the dough and divide it in half. Save the other half (in the fridge or freezer) or make two pizzas!

For the Grapes & Toppings:
1/3 block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
1/2 container Ricotta cheese (7oz)
1 tbsp olive oil
black pepper to taste
1 -- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, cut in half (enough to cover the pizza like pepperoni)
1 tbsp lemon flavored olive oil (save until the very end)

Mix the cream cheese, mozzarella, ricotta, olive oil, and black pepper well. (Save the grapes and lemon olive oil for now.)

Lets bring everyone to the pizza party!

Preheat the oven to its highest setting (550 degrees or higher.) Flip a cookie sheet over (using the bottom) so that you have a smooth surface without sides (or use a pizza stone).
Sprinkle a small amount of cornmeal on the pan's bottom.
Roll out the dough into a pizza-y shape and then place it on the cornmeal. Bake for 4 minutes.
Flip the crust over once and bake for 1-3 more minutes. (It depends on how brown you like your crust and how hot your oven is.)

Take out the crust. Flip it back over so the cornmealy side is touching the pan. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
Rub a very small amount of olive oil on the crisp crust. (Use the back of a spoon- its hot!) Spread the cheese mixture evenly, followed by the grapes arranged cut side up.
Bake 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is gooey and the grapes are warm. Drizzle the lemon flavored olive oil on top.
Cut and enjoy! I've served this topped with quick pickled onion slices and arugula salad, but my favorite topping is mild, crunchy greens tossed in a sweet mustard vinaigrette.


Greens & Sweet Mustard Vinaigrette
1 tsp grainy mustard
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
tiny drizzle of honey (maybe 1/2 tsp)
salt & pepper to taste
2-3 cups red leaf lettuce, romaine, bib lettuce- what ever you have

Wisk the dressing together in a medium bowl. Toss the greens in. Serve on top of the pizza (my favorite) or on the side. Enjoy!!!

Beautiful dough ball


A delicious plate all for me!

To get the original version, check out Dinner at Tiffani's.

xoxo Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment